While sweating is essential for our bodies to maintain an ideal temperature, some individuals find the effects of this natural function to be irritating or even embarrassing in certain social and professional situations. Despite regular use of antiperspirants, one of the most common areas people experience excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis) is in the underarms, which often leads to sweat marks, deodorant stains, and sometimes an unpleasant odor in moderate to severe cases.
Fortunately, Dr. Louis Bucky now offers men and women who suffer from underarm hyperhidrosis – as well as those who are simply tired of dealing with the unwanted side effects of underarm sweat – an effective, long-lasting solution. Cleared by the FDA, miraDry® is an innovative new technique designed to permanently eliminate underarm sweat through the noninvasive heating and destruction of sweat and odor glands in the armpits. Key benefits of this revolutionary procedure are listed below.
- Patients typically experience little to no discomfort during and/or after treatment
- Surrounding tissues are protected during treatment by advanced cooling technology
- Following treatment, results are generally immediate and permanent
- An optimal outcome can often be achieved in as little as one to two short treatments
- Treatment is one-time only – no “touch-up” sessions are needed after final results are attained
- Non-strenuous work/activities can usually be resumed immediately after treatment
- The elimination of underarm sweat glands should not undermine the body’s ability to cool itself properly
miraDry® is the first and only treatment available that can permanently eliminate hyperhidrosis in the underarms through noninvasive means. If you are seeking a solution to excessive underarm sweat and would like to schedule a consultation with Dr. Bucky, please do not hesitate to contact our practice today.